Brisbane – Australia
So when we think Australia we go to Melbourne or Sydney right?? But have you ever considered Brisbane? Why should you consider travelling to Brisbane in Australia as your next destination? Well, it can be VERY underrated.
If you are looking for city, sea and LOADS of amazing road trips, Brisbane could be your go-to place in Australia.
So why should you consider travelling to Brisbane? Let’s take a look at some of the amazing places you can see and things you can do while travelling in this North Australian city.
Exercise & Outdoors
- Explore the city! Wondering around the city you will see there is a river that snakes around the CBD (don’t worry you won’t see snakes in here). You can kayak or paddleboard on the river and Brisbane also have a man-made beach you can visit right on the edge of the city. You can also do the Riverwalk, which is a riverwalk that floats along the river!
- Discover the beautiful parks. One thing Australia is good at and that is having parks in the middle of the city. Brisbane has a few including New Farm Park and the Botanical Garden is also a great retreat from the hustle and bustle of the CBD
- CityCat is the free and fast ferry located at New Farm Park and is a great way to get around the city!
- If you are looking for a nice view of the city, why not try Mt Coot-that (a 1.5hr circuit trail with beautiful views) or the Kangaroo Point Cliffs, which has a cute cafe and great views of the city
Art & Entertainment
- Goma Museum is a Modern Art gallery, which is located in the South Bank precinct, if you like art, check this place out!!
- Check out West End, which has similar vibes to Melbourne! Very arty, a bit hipsters and known for cool bars, live music and vegan markets
- If you are looking to shop, you can find the International designers at the Northern end of Queen Street Mall! You can also find local designers on Ann Street in Fortitude Valley
- Powerhouse is an arts venue in an old power station! Here you can catch interesting artists, have a bite to eat or a coffee in the outdoor restaurant on the river! They also have a Farmers Market on Saturday mornings
- Watch a film at the retro New Farm cinema on Brunswick Street
- Want a bit of fun and some cheeky drinks? You can go to places like Holey Moley for a bit of mini-golf, a lot of laughs and some drinks!
Wine & Dine
- Breakfast: If you are a breakfast lover, try some of these places! Sourced Grocer in Tenerifee, Double Shot in New Farm, Molt Pier in Newstead or Pearl Cafe at Woolloongabba (all recommended by a local)
- Cocktail Hour: The Gresham, Laruche, Gerard’s Bar, Cry Bar or The Cobbler might tickle your fancy
- Drinks with a view: You might have to check out Eleven Rooftop Bar, Madame Wu’s, Blackbird Bar, The Balfour Kitchen rooftop (dress to semi impress)
- Want to party? Fortitude Valley/New Farm is the place to go! James St Precinct has the latest hotspot. Here is also where you will find lots of restaurants, bars, providores and boutiques
The best thing about Brisbane, it is so close to SO many other places! So if you are staying in the area, it is worth doing a few road trips!! You are in close proximity to some of the most beautiful stretch of beaches!! These include:
- Gold Coast
- Noosa (Sunshine Coast)
- Byron Bay
- Brunswick Heads
As you can see, there is SO much to do in Brisbane! When I went on a road trip to Brisbane at the beginning of 2020, I noticed it was a very clean and fun city! They have a lot of offer and are a very up and coming city. The bonus is, it is also a city very close to some other amazing destinations!!
Check out my Pingster profile to see more amazing Sydney sights!
Pingster UserName: ContentQueen
Pingster Display Name: ContentQueen